The Eleventh Annual Virginia Cotton Economics and Production Meeting is scheduled for 10 a.m. Feb. 25, 2010, at the Regional Workforce Development Center, Paul D. Camp Community College in Franklin, Va..
On-site registration is available from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., but participants who pre-register may take advantage of a half-price fee.
Organized by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS), Virginia Cotton Growers Association, Virginia Cotton Board, Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) and the Virginia Farm Bureau Federation, this event includes an economics and production meeting as well as the annual meetings of the Virginia Cotton Growers Association and the Virginia Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation.
The Cotton Economics meeting will take place in the morning, followed by lunch for all paid attendees. The 2010 Annual Statewide Cotton Production Meeting will take place in the afternoon. Topics and speakers include:
• Gary Adams, Vice-President, Economic and Policy Analysis, National Cotton Council: The World Cotton Outlook.
• Keith Edminsten, North Carolina State University Cotton Specialist: Agronomic Decisions That Produce High Yielding Cotton.
• Ames Herbert, VCE Entomologist: Sound Approaches to Insect Management in Cotton Production.
• Alan Meiger, NSCU Crop Tillage Specialist: Tillage Systems in Cotton Production That Net Yield and Profit.
• Henry Wilson, VCE Weed Specialist: Practical Approaches to Weed Management in Cotton Production.
The registration cost for the meeting is $5 per person in advance or $10 at the door and includes lunch by Bill Ellis Barbecue. Send pre-registrations prior to Feb. 22, 2010 to Virginia Cotton Growers Association, P.O. Box 27552, Richmond, Va. 23261 with checks payable to the VCGA, Inc.
For more information about the meeting, please call 757-569-1100 or 804-290-1153.