What is in this article?:
- Need direction, organization? Try the Sunbelt Ag Expo mobile app
- Communication world evolving
- A mobile app can help you get the most from your visit to this year's version of the Sunbelt Ag Expo.
- The Expo will be held Oct. 15-17 in Moultrie, Ga.
- The app will be available before, druing and after the annual show.
Communication world evolving
“The world of communication is always evolving, and this mobile app allows our attendees to better plan their visit to the show while giving them up-to-the minute updates and reminders of events that interest them,” says Chip Blalock, executive director of the Sunbelt Ag Expo. “We are proud to partner with Farm Press to create this mobile app and take our promotional efforts to the next technological level.”
The Sunbelt Ag Expo is one of the most comprehensive shows for the agricultural industry, adds Blalock. “The Expo is a central location where agricultural researchers and educators are addressing important issues for today’s farmer. In one day, visitors can evaluate models and brands that might not be readily available in their area through state-of-the art field machinery demonstrations as well as view cutting-edge research practices and interactive educational exhibits. Expo really offers the most efficient means of finding it all in one place at one time, and the new mobile app promises to enhance that experience for all who attend this year’s show.”
Information about the Sunbelt Ag Expo will be available on your wireless device to use before, during and after the show, thanks to the state-of-the-art mobile app.
Before the Expo, the mobile app can be used to view seminar schedules, speakers, exhibitors, a ground map and Twitter feeds. Then, during the show itself, the app can be used to locate booths and search for companies, find sessions and read about speakers, read daily news and announcements, email or call exhibitors, plan your day, view the schedule of events and receive live alerts from the Expo and Farm Press staffs and other show participants.
In addition, the app will be available for up to six months following the show to provide contact information for speakers, sponsors and exhibitors with instant links to their websites; read Expo-related news; download brochures; and receive updates.
Some of the app’s features include the following:
• My Schedule – Save the “must-see” seminars to your personal schedule.
• Maps – Find your favorite exhibitor booths or the food tents.
• Events – Pull a full listing of all seminars by day, time and location
• Photo Gallery – See photos from the show or post your own.
• Twitter – Check out who’s Tweeting about the show.
• Alerts – Get up-to-the-minute notifications from the show and sponsors.
• Locate Me – Find how to get from point A to point B at the show.
• Speakers – See who’s who at the show.
The Sunbelt Ag Expo mobile app is now available. Visit the App Store on your mobile device and search for Sunbelt Ag Expo 2013 or go to http://m.core-apps.com/expo2013 on your mobile device. Scanning the QR code with your mobile device also will take you to the app.