The Agricultural Act of 2014 passed, but many questions remain on what the new farm bill means for farmers. Specifically, what in the new law concerns peanut farmers? The Georgia Peanut Commission Farm Bill Update Meeting and Webinar will be Feb. 24 at 10:30 a.m. at the University of Georgia Tifton Campus Conference Center in Tifton, Ga. and will be broadcasted live to five other locations.
The additional locations include:
- Emanuel County 4-H Building, Swainsboro, Ga.
- Mitchell County Ag Center, Camilla, Ga.
- Oconee Fall Line Technical College, Dublin, Ga.
- Sumter County Extension Office, Americus, Ga.
- UGA Vidalia Onion and Vegetable Research Center, Reidsville, Ga.
Speakers will be Stanley Fletcher, director of the National Center for Peanut Competitiveness and professor emeritus from UGA, Nathan Smith, UGA Extension economist for peanuts and Bob Redding, GPC representative in Washington, D.C. Growers will also have an opportunity to ask questions during the program.