- Planned stops include disease management in field crops; plant growth regulators in cotton; plant date and agricultural inputs in cotton; soil fertility and nutrient management in cotton; peanut variety, maturity and research updates; breeding food-grade soybeans; insect management in cotton and soybeans; and sorghum production in Virginia.
Virginia Tech’s Tidewater Agricultural Research & Extension Center will host its 2014 Pre-harvest Field Crops Tour Sept. 11 at the Tidewater AREC Research Farm, 1045 Hare Rd., in Suffolk, Va.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. and the tour promptly begins at 8:00 a.m.
Planned stops include:
- Disease Management in Field Crops
- Plant Growth Regulators in Cotton
- Plant Date and Agricultural Inputs in Cotton
- Soil Fertility and Nutrient Management in Cotton
- Peanut Variety, Maturity and Research Updates
- Breeding Food-Grade Soybeans
- Insect Management in Cotton and Soybeans
- Sorghum Production in Virginia
Participants of the tour are invited to stay for lunch. Pre-registration is required for the tour/lunch. To register, contact Gail White at 757-657-6450, ext. 430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 1.