What is in this article?:
- Case IH Twin-Row planters offer innovative technology
- Heavy-duty down-pressure
• Accurate, dependable Case IH Twin-Row planters provide a best-in-class solution to increase plant populations without changing cropping practices.
Heavy-duty down-pressure springs provide up to 500 pounds of pressure to penetrate packed soil and slice through tough residue. Offset 15-inch 4-millimeter blades further contribute to the penetration, accuracy and cutting ability.
Additionally, the planters feature an Air-Pro metering system that uses a hydraulic fan to provide positive air to the meters for exceptional accuracy.
For 2013 Case IH will offer the following Twin-Row planter models:
• 825A3P — This rigid-mounted 8-row-wide planter has positive ground drive and a 1.6-bushel hopper on each row.
• 4025A3PS — This stack-fold planter is available in 12-row-wide and 16-row 30-inch configurations with either an 82-bushel hopper or a customer-supplied ProBox. The planter folds to a transport width of 25 feet with extra clearance down low for bridges, signs or other obstacles. Row markers also fold down to reduce transport height. A hydraulic seed drive is standard. Weight transfer to the wings is optional.
• 1225A FF and 1625A FF — These front-fold planter models, with hydraulic seed drive, are available in 12- and 16-row 30-inch configurations. They feature an 82- or 150-bushel hopper, or may be used with a customer-supplied ProBox. Two optional 200-gallon fertilizer tanks are available. Transport width is a narrow 13 feet 6 inches.
When customers purchase a Case IH Twin-Row planter, they also receive access to the full support of the Case IH dealer network and Case IH field team.
“Case IH planter specialists are out in the field, working alongside producers whenever help is needed,” says Hoeg. “They have the expertise to help farmers select the right planting system for their specific operation.”
This new line of Twin-Row planters is an expansion from the company’s existing Early Riser planter lineup, which is recognized throughout the industry for delivering better stands, more uniform emergence and accurate populations. See more on Case IH planters at www.caseih.com.