• By the end of this presentation, the practitioner should know how to maximize cotton yields through timely irrigation management.
In recent years, irrigation has become an increasingly important factor in the profitability of producing a cotton crop.
In this month’s free Focus on Cotton webcast, published courtesy of Cotton Incorporated and the Plant Management Network, Barber, state Extension specialist at the University of Arkansas, discusses the management of irrigated cotton for maximum profit.
This presentation will help consultants, county agents, growers, and other practitioners in the Southern U.S. cotton-producing states to understand more about proper irrigation techniques, timings and management potential to increase cotton productivity and profitability.
Specifically in this presentation, practitioners will learn about:
• Critical stages to initiate irrigation and reduce stress;
• Scheduling subsequent timings;
• Irrigation Termination;
• Plant growth regulator management with irrigated cotton;
• Timely irrigation to activate residual herbicides and improve uptake of soil nutrients.
By the end of this presentation, the practitioner should know how to maximize cotton yields through timely irrigation management.
For more information about the Cotton Board and the innovative activities stemming from the Program, visit www.cottonboard.org.
Want the latest in ag news delivered daily to your inbox? Subscribe to Southeast Farm Press Daily.
More from Southeast Farm Press