The Cotton Board recently elected its officers for the 2009 calendar year.
The following Cotton Board members were unanimously re-elected to serve a second one year term:
• Bob McGinnis, chairman, producer from West Memphis, Ark.
• Larkin Martin, vice-chairman, producer from Courtland, Ala.
• Craig Shook, secretary, producer from Corpus Christi, Texas.
• Kevin Rogers, treasurer, producer from Mesa, Ariz.
• John Clark, assistant treasurer, importer from Los Angeles, Calif.
These officers’ roles as leaders of Cotton Board will be to help guide the organization to effectively administer and oversee the Cotton Research & Promotion Program as funded by U.S. producers and importers of cotton and cotton products.
The Cotton Board is comprised of 76 members and alternates (46 producers; 30 importers) and one consumer advisor.
For more information about the Cotton Board and the innovative activities stemming from the program, visit www.cottonboard.org.